Who can invest
Our 6,600+ investors are of all ages and from all walks of life. Only by investing directly in the ownership of land and trees via a Forest Enterprises investment do you fully participate in the success of New Zealand’s forestry sector.
- May be an individual or a legal entity recognised in New Zealand such as a trust, company or partnership
- Must be at least 18 years old (ie not a minor) and of full legal capacity
- Must have a New Zealand IRD number
- May be a New Zealander or an overseas investor
- Overseas Persons (investors who are not New Zealand citizens and who are not resident in New Zealand) must apply for permission to invest
- Resident non-New Zealanders may invest
- New Zealand investors may be non-resident
- gathering information about customer identity, and
- verifying a customer’s identity, to ensure the customer is who they say they are.
We are also required to gather this information from existing investors who are investing in a new forest.
The Overseas Investment Act 2005 defines an Overseas Person as an individual who is neither a New Zealand citizen nor ordinarily resident in New Zealand.
Overseas persons can invest with Forest Enterprises provided no more than 25% of the forestry investment is held by overseas persons. Any application by an overseas person to purchase shares in Forest Enterprises’ investments must be made to the Directors of the General Partner of the investment for permission to invest.
If this is relevant to you, please contact Customer Services Manager Sean Roberts for more information.
For more information, click here to read and download our Guide for Overseas Investors.
Wairarapa Group Forest Investment is a managed investment scheme issued by Forest Enterprises Limited. The Product Disclosure Statement is registered and a copy is available online from the Companies Office Disclose Register, from this website (below) and by requesting a printed or emailed copy by contacting us directly.