Consent to the collection of your personal information
Collection of your personal information
We will collect personal information submitted by you through our website, any communication with Forest Enterprises directly via writing, phone or email and information obtained through our services. We may supplement the information you provide us with information we receive from third parties.
Personal information we may collect
We may, in addition to other information, collect the following information about you:
- Your name, email address, residential address, telephone number, and date and place of birth.
- Preference information such as investment and marketing preferences.
- Information that you provide to us when we communicate via writing, email or phone.
- Other additional information required from time to time.
In addition, if you invest with us or use our services, we may collect information such as your bank account number and other financial information from you.
Some of this information is required by law, for example it must be provided as part of customer due diligence under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009. Or it may be required under the Limited Partnerships Act 2008, if you invest in one of our limited partnerships. Therefore, if you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, you may not be able to invest with Forest Enterprises.
Use of your personal information
The information that we collect from you may be used for a number of purposes relating to our business, which include:
- Provide you with information about us, our products and services and new investment opportunities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To meet our statutory and other legal obligations with respect to our services and investments.
- Performing the services and any support required in connection with our services and investments.
- To satisfy our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To contact you to ensure customer satisfaction in respect of our role as the service provider or investment manager.
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues.
- To monitor, improve and administer our services and our website.
You also consent to Forest Enterprises collecting, using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying any information that you give to us (or information that we may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases, including Government agencies.
- Carrying out checks on you for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering of Financing Terrorism Act 2009.
- Verifying any information that you give to us (or information that we may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases for the purposes of fraud prevention or legal compliance.
You authorise any third party to provide your personal information to us for any of these purposes.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Retention of your personal information
We will hold your personal information but only for so long as we are lawfully entitled to do so.
Sharing your personal information
We will keep confidential all personal information collected about you. The only exceptions to this are:
- The disclosure relates to the purpose for which the information was collected.
- You have provided us with express consent to disclose your personal information.
- We may disclose certain personal information about you to third-party service providers in the course of their provision of services to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers are obligated to keep confidential any of your personal information that they receive and use.
- Any person or organisation authorised by the Privacy Act 1993.
- Persons or organisations to whom we may be required to pass on your personal information for the purposes of complying with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
Accessing your personal information
You may request access to all of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Forest Enterprises Limited
5 Papawai Place
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +64 6 370 6360
Fax: +64 6 370 6369
Correction of your personal information
If the information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, you may ask us to correct the information. You can advise us of the correct information by contacting us at one of the addresses above.
Why am I seeing ads by Google for Forest Enterprises?
Our website uses a remarketing advertising service. Our remarketing service is provided by Google and other companies that show our ads on websites across the Internet. With remarketing, you may see ads based on webpages you have looked at.
We use remarketing for similar purposes so you may see advertisements for our services as you search the Internet. For this to happen, Google, or other remarketing providers will read a cookie that is already in your browser, or they place a cookie in your browser when you visit our site or other sites using remarketing. (This can only happen if your browser is set to let it happen).
When you visit another website that works with Google, or other providers of remarketing advertising, you may see ads for products/services you previously viewed although they may have nothing to do with the website you are seeing the ads on. This happens because your browser is sending Google the same cookie and encouraging you to revisit the website you previously visited.